• Germany forecasts tourism surge during UEFA Euro 2024
  • Modi urges toursits to spend 105 of their travel budget to purchase local goods
  • Kerala to undertake intiatives to promote the state as global meeting veue
  • Swiss cancels plans for domestic A340 this summer
  • Scandron receives DGCA logistics drone certificate
  • Air India, Tata Advanced System to invest INR 2,300cr in Karnataka
  • Plan is to bring Air India on the same level as Vistara: CEO

US Embassy announces change in appointment for student visas

The US Embassy in India has announced a policy change regarding student visa appointments.
The official account of U.S. Embassy in India in a post on X (formerly Twitter) has announced – To prevent fraud and abuse of the appointment system, we are announcing the following policy change which will be implemented beginning November 27, 2023.

All F, M, and J student visa applicants must use their own passport information when creating a profile and scheduling their visa appointment. Applicants who have created a profile or booked an appointment using an incorrect passport number will not be accepted at the Visa Application Centers (VAC). Their appointments will be cancelled and the visa fee will be refunded.

Any applicant who has created a profile or booked an appointment using an incorrect passport number should either create a new profile containing the correct passport information OR access any existing profile that contains the correct passport information in order to book an appointment. This change will require payment of a new visa fee receipt if the old receipt has been attached to a profile with incorrect passport information.

An applicant who has recently renewed their passport, or obtained a new passport after the old passport was lost or stolen, may bring a photocopy or other evidence of the old passport number and they will be allowed to proceed with their appointment.

To continue their education in the US, international students need to apply for and be approved for a student visa. Depending on your intended course of study and type of school, you may require a F or M visa.

If a student has enrolled in a language training programme or an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, or other academic institution, they can enter the nation as a full-time student with the F-1 Visa (Academic Student). Students enrolled in vocational or other non-academic programmes, excluding language instruction, fall under the M-1 visa (Vocational Student) category.


Read Previous

India tops UK visa charts for work, health and study

Read Next

Fortune Hotels enters Tiruppur in Tamil Nadu

Most Popular

Download Magazine