There are very few film friendly states like Madhya Pradesh, says eminent actor Anupam Kher
Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board participated in the 53rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) at Goa. The Board organized a conference to encourage the stakeholders associated with the film industry for film shooting in the state and to make them aware of the facilities and provisions under the Film Tourism Policy. In the presence of board officials, noted actor Anupam Kher appreciated the film tourism policy of MP and said, “I myself have shot 5 films in Madhya Pradesh. Madhya Pradesh is a very film friendly state and the policy is very smooth. Madhya Pradesh is fully entitled for this award and they deserve it. The film policy of the state is quite simple. There is a lot of help at the government level as well. I will pray to God that only you get this honour every time and I am looking forward for more projects in MP.”
Sheo Shekhar Shukla. Principal Secretary, Tourism &. Managing Director, Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board ,enlightened the possibilities and potential of MP as a film friendly state. Shukla reflected on various aspects of the Film making policy in Madhya Pradesh including grants to filmmakers, grant of permission within 15 days under Public Service Guarantee Act, online single window system for shooting permissions along with the natural beauty and impeccable locations of Madhya Pradesh to encourage private investment, skill development and employment generation through film shooting in the state. He also informed the guests about financial grant for shooting of serial/show/web series/show/documentary, special financial incentive for international filmmakers and South Indian filmmakers.
Few highlights of Madhya Pradesh Film Policy –
• Madhya Pradesh is the only state in the country, which has included the permissions of the projects in the Public Service Guarantee Act. Under the Act, there is a provision to allow film shooting in 15 working days. To implement the film tourism policy at the district level, ADM level officer has been appointed as the nodal officer for filming permission in each district.
• It is the first state which has included web series, OTT original content, TV serials and documentaries in the grant given under the film policy
• Single window clearance facility is available for all filming permissions in the state.
• Under the film policy, there is a provision of exemption for the film crew staying in hotels and resorts of the tourism department along with additional financial grant for the local artists of the state.
• For the development of film industry in the state, there is a provision for promotion of private investment and reserved land for setting up film cities, film studios, skill development centres etc. Making Madhya Pradesh a hub for Film Makers.
• Skill development and employment generation through boost film shootings in the state. There is provision of special incentive on hiring local artists in the state.
• Financial subsidy/incentive for shooting not only Feature Film but also TV Serial/show, Web series/shows and documentary in Madhya Pradesh.
• Encouraging private Investment.