Trade News
Inbound/ Domestic News
Outbound News
 
Home Ministry Details

MINISTRY

Monday, 09 December, 2019, 14 : 06 PM [IST]

30 airports and airstrips up for grabs in NE region for UDAN 4.0 bidding

With focus on connectivity of North Eastern region, UDAN 4.0 scheme under the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) has invited bids for 6 underserved and 24 unserved airports/airstrips in the North-East states of India. The ministry has also recognized 1 Water Aerodrome location that is up for bidding in the region. 

The move will not only boost tourism but will also transform economic situation of the region. 

Under the UDAN 4.0 scheme, MoCA is also providing additional Viability Gap Funding (VGF) of around 25% to the airlines. 

List of Unserved Airports and Airstrips available for bidding under UDAN 4.0 in North-Eastern Region are Alinya, Along, Daparizo, Mechuka, Tuting, Vijaynagar, Walong, Yinghiong, Ziro (Arunachal Pradesh); Chabua, Darrang, Dinjan, Ledo, Misa Mari, Nazira, Sadiya, Sorbhog, Sukerating (Dum Duma) (Assam); and Dwara, Shella, Tura (Meghalaya); Kailashahar, Kamalpur, Khowai (Tripura).

 In the list of underserved airports and airstrips fall Passighat & Tezu in Arunachal Pradesh; Jorhat, Rupsi and Tezpur in Assam; and Shillong in Meghalaya. 

Umrangso Reservoir in Assam is the only Water Aerodrome which figure in the UDAN 4.0 scheme.

 To encourage more bidders to the scheme, MoCA has announced attractive incentives including 90% of VGF. North Eastern states will bear the remaining 10% VGF. 

Excise Duty at the rate of 2% only shall be levied on Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF), drawn by Selected Airline Operators at RCS Airport(s) for RCS Flights, for three years from the date of notification. 

Reduction of VAT to 1% or less on ATF at RCS Concession Airports located within the State for a period of ten (10) years from the date of notification.
 
Post Your commentsPOST YOUR COMMENT
Comments
* Name :      
* Email :    
  Website :  
     
Receive the best of Travel content in your mailbox.
Enter your e-mail ID for our
Weekly e-Newsletter
   
© Copyright 2015 Saffron Synergies Pvt Ltd